Sunday, March 21, 2010

Unsurprisingly Good


This was my first ever Christian fiction book written by a Caucasian author. I know, I know who cares about color. But I just like to support African-American authors. fist pump! I got it from a co-worker who loves books. We usually share our love for good books and distaste for some urban fiction. So naturally I was game especially after she told me she almost chose reading over shopping. I haven't read a book that I couldn't put down in forever. The last one was What Becomes of the Brokenhearted by E. Lynn Harris. R.I.P. When she lent it to me and I saw the cover, I was honestly in no mood to get reading. However Chapter 1 changed that! This story is based on the biblical text of Hosea. In short a man is told by God to marry a prostitute. In turn her gives her the BEST life she could imagine and she turns him away So many times. Although it the book is set during the time of the Oregon Trail I enjoyed it. The book gives insight into how God's love is unfailing, thus a REAL man after his own heart has love too! Love that is unfailing. I could go on for days but just read the book. It won't disapoint IMO. Happy Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment